Friday, August 15, 2008

Who Made It?

Tonight I watched a documentary on Einstein. My eleven year old said something about him. I said, "Do you know what Einstein invented?"

He said, "No."

I said, "Einstein invented puppies."

He said, "That's stupid."

I said, "Two years ago you told me that."

I repeated a lot of our conversation of two years ago. He insisted that Einstein invented puppies. Einstein invented dogs. Einstein invented houses. Einstein invented trees."

I said, "Is there anything that Einstein did not invent?"

He said, 'No."

So, being the mathematically minded guy that I am, I applied recursion. I said, "Who invented Einstein?"

He said, "Einstein's ghost invented Einstein!"

He did not remember any of the conversation from two years ago. He accused me of dreaming up the whole thing.

No comments: