Thursday, August 21, 2008

Found in Translation

The eleven year old and I went to the drugstore today. He wanted a drink and I told him he could have it. He went to the front of the store to grab it and I went to the back to pick up a prescription.

No charge for the prescription. Now that's a price I can believe in.

Anyway, he did not show up in back, so I went to the front and did not find him. When I looked down the aisle, he approached with his Mello Yello in hand. He said he had been taking his blood pressure.

I paid for the drink and we left. I asked about his blood pressure. He said it was great, except for his "diabolic pressure."

I said, "Do you know what 'diabolic' means?"

He didn't.

I said, "Have you heard of el diablo?"

He said, "Oh, yeah, the devil."

I said, "So if you have 'diabolic pressure' then . . . "

He started hitting me.

No comments: