Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mystery Theft

I got a mail from one of the secretaries saying that the docking station for my laptop would be installed soon. She copied the mail to another secretary and to a colleague--the message applied to him, as well.

Then I got a message from the other secretary, copied to the first secretary, saying (correctly) that my colleague and I already had our laptops and docking stations. The new ones that were delivered to the office were to replace Kent's and Mark's computers, which were stolen.

The next day I asked Kent about his stolen computer. He had heard nothing of it. I asked Mark about his stolen computer. He was clueless, as well.

I am tempted to ask the secretaries about the theft, but I would rather figure it out myself. I think I'll plant listening devices in everyone's offices as a first step . . .

No comments: