Monday, August 11, 2008

My Swingline

I hate it when I feel "small."

Today I feel like the character in office space who said, "then they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire."

I just moved offices. I had everything pretty much set up. Then I came in today and a section of my desk was missing, along with two filing cabinets.

The filing cabinets had stuff in them. The secretaries were all gone to a meeting and nobody else seemed to know who had done it. I found out which secretary had done the work order and sent her a mail. She passed the buck to my boss and his secretary.

So I wrote a letter to my boss saying that I need the things out of the filing cabinet. I also told him that I would appreciate being asked the next time someone takes stuff from my office.

And if he takes my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

No comments: