Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Don't Know What To Say

My oldest . . . I don't know what to say.

Last night Julia and I went to pick him up at work. When we got in the van there was $17 in bills in the change holder. "Oh, he must have left it there by mistake."

When we picked him up I handed it to him. He said, "Thanks."

When we got home, I noticed that he left the money on the back seat. As he was exiting the car, I said, "Your money is on the seat."

He still had the door open. His money was within arm's reach. He said, "Yeah, I know. I'll get it later."

He will get it later, after someone slides across the seat and knocks it on the ground? When it slips into the seat? When someone sees it there and steals it? When . . . when . . . when?

I guess all eighteen year olds have issues. I always thought I would have some vague understanding of the issues. This is beyond me.

No comments: