Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Economics Body Temperature

I squawked at Paul Krugman's Nobel prize in anti-economics yesterday. I found a hilarious* article that says that Krugman won the first posthumously awarded Nobel. Donald Luskin generously suggests that Paul Krugman, the economist, died a decade ago, leaving an incompetent babbler to usurp Krugman's good name.

Where I had suggested that ridiculous political figures such as Ross Perot, Ralph Nader, and Cynthia McKinney will be next in line for a Nobel, Donald Luskin equates Paul Krugman's current status as an economist to Oprah Winfrey.

Luskin is too kind by half. His comparison suggests that Krugman's "economic body" is currently at room temperature, whereas my comparisons equate Krugman's "economic body temperature" to minus 273 degrees Celsius.**

Luskin's observations of Krugman, the Enron consultant who blames Enron's collapse on their consultants, took me to nerdvana.

-------------------------------------------

*Hilarious to economists--so that means it's a yawner to all the non-nerds out there.
**Yes, that is a shout out to all my science nerd buddies out there.

No comments: