Sunday, July 27, 2008

Concrete Directions

I have plenty of stories submitted to magazines. I have some that are not submitted that I think need some tweaking. Knickknack, for instance, is one story that I think needs a little work, despite the fact that it is my wife's favorite story and a trusted friend's favorite story that I have written.

But I have had trouble "getting up" for revisions lately. Today, though, I got a mail from a gang member about a new fantasy magazine that has a particular twist. Thinking through that twist--our world, but with some fantasy element added (not like the paranormal stuff, though)--has me moving toward a new story.

If I looked around more, I would have more concrete ideas about what to do next. Trying to answer, "What am I going to write next?" does not give me any ideas.

No comments: