Saturday, June 7, 2008

Moving

We are moving. We attack a part of the house, pack it in titanic tupperware, then take it and unpack it. Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

We do not know how to use the thermostat at the new house. I never had a programmable cooling system. So it's hot there in the afternoon and early evening. We are supposed to learn how to use the thermostat tomorrow and also meet with the handyman to get the old dishwasher out and put ours in.

Last night in Wal Mart I saw B. J., my creative writing teacher and member of our Gang of Three writing group. I learned that I am moving to her neighborhood. I hope she does not think that my move is an elaborate stalking plan.

I should talk about B. J. sometime, but the post would have to be solely devoted to her, because she's special. Besides having an unusual personality (from my nerdish perspective) she is one of the most giving people that I have met. I must stop writing about her, since I said I would save it.

The weather is supposed to be rainy this week, so the rest of the move may be problematic. I have four or five friends coming over Saturday morning to help us polish it off--the big furniture, freezer, televisions, etc.

But I am taking Sunday off.

No comments: